USGS - science for a changing world

U.S. Geological Survey

Maps, Imagery, and Publications Hazards Newsroom Education Jobs Partnerships Library About USGS Social Media

Information on CCR & ORCA

Central Contractor Registration

Before doing business with a federal agency, vendors must be registered in the Central Contractor Registration system.  As a security precaution, vendors must register themselves through the on-line CCR system.

Information for vendors on how to register is available at the CCR Start New Registration page.

Caution:  If you are asked to provide your TPIN or to confirm or update your CCR registration data by mail, email, phone or fax, please do not do so even if the request appears on official agency letterhead.   Please read the CCR Security Notice carefully.

DUNS Number

Before registering in CCR, the vendor will need a D-U-N-SŪ number.

  (The next 3 links lead to a non-Federal web site) 
- Instructions for obtaining a new DUNS number   Download Adobe Acrobat reader
- Obtain DUNS on line
- Obtain DUNS by phone:  866-705-5711

D-U-N-SŪ registration is free.  You are not required to purchase any additional Dun & Bradstreet services in order to obtain and maintain the number.  If D&B asks for a payment, make sure they understand that you are registering in order to be a federal Government contractor.

You will need to provide the following data elements to obtain a D-U-N-SŪ Number.

Additional notes for students registering for award of a student services order under 43 U.S.C. Section 5d: 

Please register with the address and phone number of your current or permanent residence.  (Do not use a USGS address.)  SIC code 8731 (Establishments primarily engaged in physical and biological research and development on a contract or fee basis.) and NAICS code 541990 (Other Professional, Scientific and Technical Services) are usually reasonable choices, or you can look for a better code.

ORCA - On-Line Representations and Certifications Application

A new FAR rule has changed the way vendors provide Representations and Certifications to contracting agencies.  Instead of including a lengthy set of provisions in each solicitation, vendors are now asked to maintain this information through the On-Line Representations and Certifications Application (ORCA).  Vendors are encouraged to begin entering their information at any time. 

Individual contract solicitations will include the provision in FAR 52.204-8, Annual Representations and Certifications, which permits vendors to provide different answers for that specific solicitation.

Contact for more information: Karla McGovern
USGS Contracts Home Page

Accessibility FOIA Privacy Policies and Notices

Take Pride in America logo logo U.S. Department of the Interior | U.S. Geological Survey
Page Contact Information: Ask USGS
Page Last Modified: 31-Dec-2008@13:50