USGS - science for a changing world

U.S. Geological Survey

Maps, Imagery, and Publications Hazards Newsroom Education Jobs Partnerships Library About USGS Social Media


USGS Federal Assistance Program Announcements:

Annual Program Announcements

(Closed announcements are expected to be available again at approximately the same time the following year.) 
Earthquake Hazards Program - (Archive of previous NEHRP Program Announcements
Current 2012 Program Announcement Number G11AS20009 - Available at
STATEMAP - (Archive of previous Program Announcements)
EDMAP - (Archive of previous Program Announcements)
Mineral Resources External Research Program - (Archive of previous Program Announcements)
National Spatial Data Infrastructure - (Archive of previous Program Announcements)
Water Resources Research National Competitive Grants Program (Archive of previous Program Announcements)

Note:  Awards are made only to Water Research Institutes or Centers established under Section 104 of the Water Resources Research Act (42 USC Sec. 10303). Investigators at other accredited US institutions of higher education may apply for award through a Water Research Institute or Center. (See announcement for further details.)

National GAP Analysis Program, Program Announcement 08HQPA0018 
Note: Award from this Program Announcement was for 5 years.
National Geological and Geophysical Data Preservation Program (NGGDPP), Program Announcement 09HQPA0009 
Opening Date - December 11, 2008
Closing Date - January 26, 2009
Other Opportunitiess
National Land Remote Sensing Education, Outreach and Research Program (NLRSEOP), Announcement 08HQPA0037
CFDA 15.815
Opening Date - August 18, 2008
Closing Date - September 9, 2008

Information for applicants about using
To access documents in proprietary formats, you may need to download and install the free viewer software.
      Download Adobe Acrobat Reader:  Text-Only or  Main Download page
      Download MS-Word viewer:  Microsoft downloads

DUNS Numbers:  Effective 10/1/2003, all assistance applications must include the applicant's DUNS Number.  This is a 9 digit number assigned by Dun and Bradstreet (D&B) used by the Federal Government to uniquely identify contractors and assistance recipients.  You can obtain a DUNS number by calling D&B at 866-705-5711 or 610-882-7000 or by accessing their web site.  There is no charge for obtaining a DUNS Number only.

CCR:  Before you can apply for a grant through, your organization must also register with the Central Contractor Registry (CCR).

Related Documents

Page Contact Information: Sherri Bredesen

Page Last Modified: 25-Mar-2011(lez)

Go to USGS Contracts Home Page logo and link

Accessibility FOIA Privacy Policies and Notices

Take Pride in America logo logo U.S. Department of the Interior | U.S. Geological Survey
Page Contact Information: Ask USGS
Page Last Modified: 25-Mar-2011@09:09