U.S. Geological Survey - Ecosystems
FY2008 Quick Response Announcement - Eastern RegionDear Colleague,
Congratulations! Your study has been selected for FY-08 Quick Response Program funding (QRP). Although funding and the allocation time-line is contingent upon the annual appropriations process, USGS QRP funding is part of base funding for the office of the Eastern Regional Director and is reasonably firm. Once the Regional office receives its allocation and you have met the criteria listed below, funding for your QRP study can be released for your use.
I will no longer be managing the QRP program, so please contact the new QRP program manager, David Bornholdt if you have any questions. Your peer reviewed study plan should be sent to Dave Bornholdt no later than November 30, 2007,
The following documentation must be sent to Dave Bornholdt (email@example.com) before release of your funds:
1. A copy of the peer reviewed study plan that includes the signature of the Center Director, or Cooperative Research Unit Supervisor approving
NOTE: The Eastern Regional Office does not set up tasks or subtasks for QRP within a QRP Project in BASIS+. Rather, you and your center should determine the appropriate science project within BASIS under which this study logically falls and create your task or subtask there.
I have attached an information sheet which gives details about the QRP program, study selection, study plan development, and project management information. The most important points are as follows:
1. PI's should work with the USGS and FWS project coordinators to develop a study plan that meets the management needs identified in the original QRP proposal.
2. Study plans must undergo normal Science Center, Cooperative Research Unit, or other approved peer review procedures.
4. A copy of the final signed study plan and BASIS+ information must be filed in the Office of the Eastern Regional Biologist before funds are released.
5. Products from the study should include at a minimum: a written final report to FWS and USGS, and an oral presentation to FWS summarizing the findings of the completed study.
6. If it is available, please include a copy of the original proposal from the FWS with your study plan.
I have attached a Microsoft Word form which I use for annual reports. Please fill this out for your project (identify the report type as "initial") and return it to me electronically. I will use this information to find your study in BASIS and the report will be included in my annual status report to FWS.
If you have any questions about this process or problems meeting this deadline, please contact me any time.