Updates - 1 of 3
Updates FAQs - 3 Found
What are major open issues or key notes with The National Map Viewer?
Open Issues/Key Notes
(last updated: 2/2/2012)
- Tested in Internet Explorer 8+, Chrome, Firefox 3.6+, and Safari on Windows and Apple operating systems. Other browsers and platforms have not been fully tested.
- Help icons (symbolized with a '?') may not work in some browsers unless pop-ups are enabled.
- Buffering operations sometimes fail.
- Error messages may be too small to show the 'Close' button.
- The 'Blank' base map option shows a dark gray background instead of white.
- When adding a map service through 'Add Data', all layers default to turned off, unlike overlays at the left, which are all turned on by default.
- The scale bar, or representative fraction (RF), shown at the bottom of the viewer window assumes a monitor resolution of 96 dpi. The scale bar is based on the window size when the viewer session starts, and does not resize if the browser window changes size.
- Legend icons (or "swatches") may not appear.
- Adding REST services fails to bring in Legend or Service Metadata.
- Adding WMS services with too many layers may generate a timeout error.
- Internet Explorer 8 does not support 'View In: ArcGIS.com Map' capability for any of The National Map dynamic services in the Service Endpoints list at http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/example/services.html.
- New Download User Guide (http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/help/9.0%20TNM%20Cart%20Tab.htm) was added to help with issues that a user may experience when downloading staged products, such as elevation and orthoimagery.
- Save As-Print progress window does not provide feedback on which service is taking too long to respond.
- Exported annotations saved as Shapefiles cannot be added back during a later viewer session because of a difference in projections/datums used between the Shapefile (WGS84) and the viewer base map, which is in WGS84 Web Mercator (Auxiliary Sphere).