Elevation - 33 of 34
Elevation FAQs - 34 Found
Elevation data from the NED are available through the USGS The National Map using The National Map Viewer. NED data are also available through a bulk data delivery system (instructions are included below).
To download data with The National Map Viewer:
1. Zoom to your area of interest.
2. Turn on the Elevation Availability layer to see coverage of best available NED resolution.
3. Click the Download Data tool near the upper right corner of the Viewer banner.
4. Use a bounding box, or choose a reference area in the Download options menu, or
select by current map extent or coordinate input.
5. Select the Elevation theme.
6. Select available NED products, such as 2 arc-second (Alaska only), 1 arc-second (conterminous U.S. and Territorial Islands, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, portions of Alaska, most of Canada, and all of Mexico), 1/3 arc-second (conterminous U.S. and Territorial Islands, Hawaii, and portions of Alaska), or 1/9 arc-second (in limited areas of U.S. only).
7. Add selected products to the Cart.
8. Click on the product in the Cart to view footprints and to initiate download of selected individual products.
9. Checkout and enter your e-mail address twice to place your order to receive the complete list of download links in one message.
To obtain elevation data in bulk:
Send an email request to email@example.com with your contact information and a general product description. You will receive a response email with procedures for bulk delivery and instructions for specifying the elevation product dataset and format. To receive bulk data, we require you to supply the external hard drive(s) within our specifications, and pay for return shipping.