Elevation - 9 of 34
Elevation FAQs - 34 Found
Minimum Delivery Packages
Size Estimates (Zipped)
NED 2 Arc Second - Alaska
NED 1 Arc Second
NED 1/3 Arc Second
NED 1/9 Arc Second
NED Original Product
and Individual State
1. To request NED bulk elevation data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Your contact information (address, phone number and email address).
- Product(s) you are requesting.
- Requested data format.
2. An email will be sent to you containing the following information:
- Job ID Number.
- Size estimates for requested data.
- External drive minimum specifications.
- Shipping address.
3. Once you receive the email you will then ship the following to USGS:
- Correct number of external drives based on the estimated size of the data requested (specifications for hard drives are listed below).
- A copy of all correspondence emails — please highlight the Job ID Number.
- Return shipping address and phone number.
- Return shipping account number (FEDEX only) or pre-paid shipping labels (UPS, USPS or FEDEX).
Specifications for external hard drives are as follows:
- USB 2.0 compatible and higher.
- PC compatible.
- Capacity - large enough for estimated data, usually 30 to 40 gigabytes (GB) for system use. For example, a 300 GB external hard drive holds 277 GB of actual data; 500 GB external hard drives hold 460 gigabytes of actual data; 1TB external hard drives hold 930GB; 1.5 TB external hard drives hold 1386 GB; 2 TB hard drives hold 1860GB; 3 TB hard drives hold 2790 GB; and 4 TB hard drives hold 3725 GB.
- Accepted capacity range of 8 GB to 4.0 Terabytes.
- Cache Buffer – 8 megabytes or higher.
- Spin Rate—7200 RPM (can be less but this is preferred).
- Drives are reformatted to NTFS; any data already on the external hard drive will be lost.
- We cannot process the request unless we have the correct number of drives; a Job ID Number listed, and pre-paid return shipping account or labels.
- Data will be written to the drives in a compressed (.zip) format.
- Turn-around times will depend on our current workload at the time an order is placed, but in most cases you will receive the data in 1 – 2 weeks.