What is facilitation?
Utilizing a neutral third party, facilitation allows participants to actively engage in a dialogue. Facilitators assist in developing agenda, establishing outcomes, and focusing on primary objectives.
When can it be used?
- Use facilitation for:
- Project planning
- Meetings organization
- Consensus Building
Tips for Effective Meeting Planning
- Establish meeting objective-What is the purpose
- Determine desired outcomes-What needs to be accomplished
- Decide who needs to attend
- Plan agenda
- Prioritize key points
- Circulate agenda to invitees for comments/clarification, if appropriate
- Make sure you've made provision for "Parking Lot" discussions