What is facilitation?
Utilizing a neutral third party, facilitation allows participants to actively engage in a dialogue. Facilitators assist in developing agenda, establishing outcomes, and focusing on primary objectives.
When can it be used?
- Project planning
- Meeting organization
- Consensus Building
Tips for Effective Meeting Planning:
- Establish meeting objective—What is the purpose?
- Determine desired outcomes—What needs to be accomplished?
- Decide who needs to attend
- Plan the agenda
- Prioritize key points
- Circulate agenda to invitees for comments/clarification, if appropriate
- Make sure you've made provision for "Parking Lot" discussions