Eligible employees – GS-12-15 from supervisory or non-supervisory ranks, selected through a nomination process;
- Provide a networking opportunity for USGS employees who demonstrate significant interest or potential for leadership and/or management positions;
- Enhance the growth and leadership development of program participants through a variety of learning experiences;
- Facilitate a deeper level of understanding and involvement across organizational boundaries through interaction among participants representing all the Area and Headquarters offices; and
- Provide exposure to high-level bureau managers who serve as instructors.
Full course description of L101.
Eligible employees – graduates of Leadership 101, GS-12-15 employees;
- Provide an experience that is an expansion/continuation of L101 which provides a deeper understanding of leadership, group interaction, and application of theories;
- Opportunity to work on current USGS issues with high-level managers from the bureau and members of the Executive Leadership Team;
- Use creative approach to problem-solving.
Full course description of L201.
L201 Course Materials