Eligible employees – GS-12-15 from supervisory or non-supervisory ranks, selected through a nomination process;
- Provide a networking opportunity for USGS employees who demonstrate significant interest or potential for leadership and/or management positions;
- Enhance the growth and leadership development of program participants through a variety of learning experiences;
- Facilitate a deeper level of understanding and involvement across organizational boundaries through interaction among participants representing all the Area and Headquarters offices; and
- Provide exposure to high-level bureau managers who serve as instructors.
Full course description of L101.
Eligible employees – graduates of Leadership 101, GS-12-15 employees;
- Provide an experience that is an expansion/continuation of L101 which provides a deeper understanding of leadership, group interaction, and application of theories;
- Opportunity to work on current USGS issues with high-level managers from the bureau and members of the Executive Leadership Team;
- Use creative approach to problem-solving.
Full course description of L201.
L201 Course Materials
- Learning About Yourself
- Kahan Getting Change Right Workbook
- Kahan Getting Innovation Right Workbook
- Addressing Your Personal and USGS Challenges
- Action Learning as a Leadership Tool
Open to all employees through a nomination process
- Provide leadership training to a large population of the USGS to support the bureau's commitment to creating a leadership-centered culture;
- Provide a mix of components from L101 and L201 courses;
- Leadership 201 graduates serve as facilitators and take this training to science centers around the country.
Full course description of Leadership Intensives.
- A 3-day leadership course that gives participants the opportunity to practice teaching and coaching a variety of leadership related topics that they will in turn deliver to other USGS employees through the Leadership Intensives.
- Before a T3 class, all Leadership 201, TLP, ELP, FEI, and SES/CDP leadership class graduates are sent an invitation to apply for one of the 25 slots and participants are chosen by a panel.
- They are strongly supported by the Leadership Team during the entire process.
Full course description of T3.