Promoting a culture within the USGS that recognizes, supports and honors supervisors for the crucial role they play in ensuring the excellence of our science.
The program strives to develop supervisors who…
- believe people are as important as science
- are equipped with a “moral compass” and well-developed leadership skills
- are strong communicators with the ability to promote teamwork, address conflict and give constructive feedback
- know the “rules of engagement” for supervisors at USGS
- are not afraid to make tough decisions and can balance the need to be “Mr Nice Guy” with the need to protect the integrity of USGS
- routinely hire the right person for the job, communicate clear expectations to their employees, develop their employees’ potential and motivate them to do their best work
- are credible in dealing with the science of USGS
Please see the USGS Supervisory Challenge class schedule below.
October 20-24, 2014
January 26-30, 2015
May 18-22, 2015
August 10-14, 2015
DOI Supervisory Training Options
Please visit the DOI University Web site to see upcoming dates and locations.
Please register for the USGS and DOI supervisory classes in DOI Learn.