Designing, Developing, and Deploying Effective Technology Enabled Learning Using Adobe®Connect™" (C1434) is a 3˝-day hands-on course designed for USGS subject matter experts and/or technical staff planning on developing a course for TEL delivery. Eighteen USGS developers have completed this course to date. You'll learn effective techniques to develop courses for TEL delivery using instructional design methodology, PowerPoint® and Adobe® Connect™ software. OED will issue a reusable license to each participant. OED will also provide assistance to participants with instructional course design, on-line learning activities, final testing, preparation of streaming video clips, collaborative (live) sessions and course deployment.
Note: A working knowledge of PowerPoint® is required for this course.
This class is especially helpful for USGS subject matter experts/instructors and course coordinators considering alternatives to traditional classroom training. By balancing rapid instructional design techniques with current technology, participants will learn to design engaging and effective TEL courses. Although the workshop is oriented to PowerPoint® and Adobe® Connect™, the principles provided can be utilized for any type of learning.
In the class students will:
- Design learning using a variety of media to accomplish specific learning objectives
- Organize and sequence learning experiences to achieve learning strategies.
- Develop awareness in the selection and specification of media to educate and engage learners.
- Use PowerPoint® and Adobe® Connect™ as effective course-authoring tools.
- Assess how OED can help with course design, development, and deployment.
- Utilize excellent assessment writing techniques to create effective assessments.
- Add narration to their TEL course.
- Receive an introduction to Acrobat® Connect™ Meeting software to add realtime collaborative events to their intended TEL course.
- Recognize and apply Section 508 accessibility standards.
- Have a good start on their intended TEL course by the end of the class.
- Recognize and implement good instructional design techniques.
In addition to learning best practices, participants will also have an opportunity to try various techniques using pre-existing course materials provided by the instructors or brought by the student. The last half of the last day of the course is devoted to uploading TEL course content, either created during the course or brought along by the attendee, to the TEL server. The TEL web-delivered "Principles of Adult Learning" is a lesson in the course and should be taken prior to the classroom course. There is no additional charge for this lesson and it will talk approximately 45 minutes to complete. An email will be sent to all students of the TEL Course that will list a link to this prerequisite lesson. Tuition for the entire course, including the Adobe® Connect™ license and the prerequisite TEL lesson is $1055. This class is taught when needed so please e-mail the TEL Team and let us know if you will be developing your own TEL course..
Technology Enabled Learning is defined as instructional content or learning experiences delivered or enabled by various electronic technology.
Blended Learning is the use of multiple approaches to convey instructional material. An example would be a course presented via the web featuring a live presenter for several course modules, with other modules being self-paced and learner-led.