Development activities are not limited to the classroom. All learning counts! Include various types of learning opportunities when creating your Individual Development Plan (IDP).
Development options include:
- Borrow books/DVDs from the OED Lending Library. Books are available in both print and Kindle formats. Search the Lending Library Index to see what resources are available.
- Join a book club.
- Exchange knowledge by being a mentor or protégé.
- Take online training. There are many online courses available in DOI Learn including the Skillsoft library which is FREE for all employees. Skillsoft's library of over 2,000 online courses is available 24/7 and covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Project management
- Supervisory/leadership skills
- Human Resources development
- Budget/financial management
- Acquisition management
- Attend a Learning Exchange Webinar.
Just remember, there are numerous options available based on your short and long term goals as described on your IDP!