Through this program, career change opportunities may be available to current Department of Interior and/or USGS employees in positions that are at the GS-9 through GS-15 levels (or equivalent wage grade level). Individual vacancy announcements posted on USAJobs will state if the position is being filled through the Career Development Program.
- Career Development Program Fact Sheet
Provides a summary of the Career Development Program and explains how the Program works. For DOI/USGS employees and applicants, and USGS managers and Servicing Personnel Offices.
- Career Development Program Survey Manual
Provides policy and programmatic guidance. For USGS managers, employees, and servicing personnel offices.
- Career Development Program Training Plan
Identifies the conditions of the trainee's specific Career Development Program assignment and the training he/she needs to qualify for the target position. For USGS managers and Career Development Program trainees.
- Career Development Program Internal Processing Procedures
Provides procedural guidance. For USGS managers and Servicing Personnel Offices.
- Differences between the USGS Upward Mobility Program and the Career Development Program
Provides a distinction between the UPMO and the CDP. For USGS managers and Servicing Personnel Offices, and DOI/USGS employees.