Monster PC is in response to the bureau's desire to streamline and simplify the position classification process. Monster PC provides resources, information, and tools that facilitate and support the human resources process associated with position management and classification. The goal of Monster PC is to make your job easier!
Position descriptions can be created quickly using the Monster PC standardized position description library or the Position Description Builder (PDBuilder). The library contains position descriptions that describe work found throughout the bureau. The PDBuilder allows the user to create a position description from a variety of standard duty statements.
Standard personnel forms, such as the OF-8, Position Description Coversheet, and the Documentation for Non-Competitive Promotion (the Accretion Statement) may be completed online and printed out for your use.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) that address position management and classification issues such as "Why do I need a PD?" are available for reference. If you need more information, Monster PC hot links allow easy access to position classification policies, guidance, and standards maintained by the Department of the Interior and the Office of Human Resources Management.
- Model Position Description
- Assistant Unit Leader, Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit Research Wildlife Biologist, Research Fish Biologist, Research Ecologist, GS-486/482/408, Grades 12 to 15 (pdf, 27 KB) (Word, 65 KB)
- Unit Leader, Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit Research Wildlife Biologist, Research Fish Biologist, Research Ecologist, GS-486/482/408, Grades 13 to 15 (pdf, 37 KB) (Word, 78 KB)
- How to Write a Research Position Description — (Word 59K)
- Research and Development Evaluation Guidance
New Guidance on the Research and Development Evaluation Processes.
- Classification Q&A
- Federal Pay Tables
Find out the salary costs of different grade levels in different geographic locations by checking out the Federal Pay Tables.
- Guidelines for Accretion Promotion
All the information you ought to know when considering a non-competitive accretion promotion.
- Fair Labor Standards Act - 5 CFR 551
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) provides the basic criteria to determine overtime entitlement and spells out the administrative procedures by which covered work-time must be compensated.
- GS-1300T FAQ
A set of frequently asked questions about USGS policy pertaining to OPM's GS-1300T standard for Hydrologic, Cartographic, and Physical Science Technicians.
A list of the most commonly asked questions (and answers!) about classification, including "Who Writes the PD?" and what to do if you believe your PD is no longer accurate.