Like many Federal agencies, the USGS is facing budgetary challenges, and a large portion of the agency's employees are eligible to retire.
Can we manage these circumstances and continue to be a world leader in the sciences? Yes, through intelligent and strategic workforce planning.
This site can help you—
- Find out what exactly workforce and succession planning are ...learn more
- Create an effective workforce now and into the future with the Workforce Planning Toolkit
- Stay on track with the Workforce Planning Desk Guide
- Contact people who can help
- See the USGS Workforce Plan and other helpful data and resources
The Office of Human Resources' Strategic Initiatives (SI) Team invites you to utilize these available tools and information, especially the Quick and Program Links, on this site as you undertake workforce and succession planning for your organization. Keep in mind that USGS workforce and succession planning tools and techniques are still evolving and will continue to do so with each workforce planning effort.
We welcome your suggestions and ideas for improvement of these tools, as well as your thoughts on the usefulness of this site. For assistance and support in workforce and succession planning efforts, contact any SI Team member.