The USGS Strategic Initiatives (SI) Team under the Office of Human Resources provides Bureau leadership in linking USGS vision, mission, and strategic direction with Human Capital Management strategy, policy, and operations. The SI Team develops and facilitates innovative, relevant, and strategically focused initiatives that enable the USGS to promote science excellence, support USGS management goals, and maintain a rewarding workforce environment for all USGS employees.
The SI Team facilitates in the development of USGS' Human Capital Strategic Plan, offers expertise with USGS-wide workforce/succession planning efforts, and provides education and training to USGS supervisors, managers, and program support staff involved in workforce reshaping or restructuring initiatives or other organizational change efforts. It also provides standard and customized demographics, measures, and metrics in response to management inquiries and to support program reviews and workforce/succession planning efforts.
We invite you to elicit our assistance and utilize the tools available on this site as you develop optimal organizational solutions to USGS workforce challenges.
- Human Capital Management Planning
- Workforce and Succession Planning ...read more
- USGS Demographics, Measures, and Metrics ...read more
- Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP or 'buyout') ...read more
- Voluntary Early Retirement Authority (VERA) ...read more
- Competency and Skills Development and Modeling ...read more
- Pratima Subbarao, Chief, Strategic Initiatives Team,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 703.648.7447
- Jill Nissan, Workforce Planning Program Manager ,
Email: email@example.com, Phone: 703.648.7427
- Pam Agnew, Human Resources Information Specialist,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 703.648.7435
- Patty Maples, Workforce Flexibilities Program Manager,
Email: email@example.com, Phone: 703.648.7406
- Chris Booze, Program Analyst,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 703.648.7432