U. S. Geological Survey
Memorandums of Understanding (MOU)
with other Federal Agencies
NOTE: Some of the MOU document(s) may be in PDF format. Please see Instructions if you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
- Subject: To provide a framework for cooperation and coordination among the Agencies in achieving the objectives of the Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation (PARC) Federal Steering Committee
Date Signed: September 28, 2011
Bureau of Reclamantion, Dept. of Defense, EPA, Farm Service Agency, FWS, Forest Service, USGS, NPS, National Marine Fisheries Service, and the Natural Resources Conservation Alliance
- Subject: To coordinate and collaborate on research and data submittals to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) for approval of priority drugs for use in public aquaculture in the United States. NOAA-NMFS, the FWS, the USGS, and AFWA are herein referred to as Partners
- Subject: To promote, conduct, and provide research, studies, assessments, monitoring, technical assistance, and educational services nationwide in support of the missions of participating federal agencies and their partners concerning natural and cultural resource management on public and/or private lands and waters, and management of public trust resources
Date Signed: May 1, 2012
NASA, Dept. of Agriculture (Forest Serviee), Dept. of Commerce (NOAA), DoD (Army Corps of Engineers), Dept. of the Interior (BLM, BOEM, NPS, BoR, NPS, FWS, USGS)
- Subject: Collaborative Science, Services and Tools to Support Integrated and Adaptive Water Resources Management
Date Signed: May 11, 2011
Agencies: Army Corps of Engineers of the U.S. Department of Defense, the U.S. Geological Survey of the U.S. Department of the Interior, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration of the U.S. Department of Commerce
- Subject: A partnership for cooperation among the participating State and federal land, wildlife management and science agencies in the conservation and management of Greater sage-grouse (Centrocercus urophasianus) sagebrush (Artemisia spp.) habitats and other sagebrush-dependent wildlife throughout the Western United States and Canada.
Date Signed: 9/18/2008
Agencies: USGS, Western Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies, US Department of Agriculture Forest Service, BLM, USFWS, Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service, US Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency
- Subject: A partnership to support research, development, and information transfer to quantify the conservation benefits of land management practices and programs administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
Date Signed: 3/22/2007
Agencies: USGS, USFWS, Natural Resources Conservation Service, Commodity Credit Corporation, and USDA Farm Service Agency
- Subject: Cooperation on issues related to the management and stewardship of the National Wilderness Preservation System, including but not limited to, the operation of the Arthur Carhart National Wilderness Training Center, and the Aldo Leopold Wilderness Research Institute.
Date Signed: 1/13/2005
Agencies: USDA Forest Service, BLM, FWS, NPS, USGS
- Subject: Collaboration and cooperation in the management, research, protection, and conservation of cave and karst resources.
Date Signed: 2/23/2012
Agencies: DOI; USGS, BLM, FWS, NPS, and USDA; U.S. Forest Service
- Subject: To collaborate in commemorating the Bicentennial of the Lewis and Clark Expedition.
Date Signed: 10/1/1998
Agencies: Department of the Army COE, Department of Education, DOI, DOT, National Lewis & Clark Bicentennial Council
- Subject: Geologic, Mineral, Energy, and Environmental Information for Ecologically Based Management of Federal Lands
Date Signed: 09/01/1997
Agencies: BLM, USDA Forest Service, USGS
- Subject: Servicewide Memorandum of Understanding among USDA, Forest Service, USDI, Bureau of Land Management, and USDI, Geological Survey concerning: Geologic, Mineral, Energy, and Environmental Information for Ecologically Based Management of Federal Lands.
- Subject: Coordination and Joint Impelmentation of Great Lakes Deep-Water Fish Assessment and Ecology Activities.
Date Signed: 5/4/2004
Agencies: Council of Lake Committees, USGS, FWS
- Subject: To ensure optimum efficiency and maximum benefit to the Federal Government by integrating the resouces and expertise of the USGS with thos of the DoD in addressing environmental responsibilities and related issues.
Date Signed: 6/10/1997
- Subject: Collaborate to develop and exchange science-based biological information for natural resource managers and to ensure preparedness, professionalism, and continuing education of wildlife biologists.
Date signed: 6/30/2004
- Subject: To delineate certain of the Agencies' duties under the sections that require the Agencies to coordinate all applicable Federal authorizations and environmental reviews related to energy right-of-way corridor planning and energy right-of-way administration for proposed or exisitng utility facilities.
Date signed: 2/8/2006
Agencies: Agriculture, DoD, DOE, DOI
- Subject: Pertaining to the National Water Data Exchange
Date Signed: 07/27/1977
Agencies: EPA, Forest Service
Return to USGS MOU Agency List Page
Return to USGS MOU Home Page
Return to USGS Home Page
Send your comments to Melanie A. Clark, Program Manager.