Communities of living organisms in a specific geographical location which exist primarily on land and not in water.
- Western Fisheries Research Center--Forage fish studies in Puget Sound [More info]
- Human perturbations such as shoreline armoring or urban development can affect the nearshore habitats critical to these populations of small fish which support birds and larger fish.
- Western Region Coastal and Marine Geology [More info]
- Western Region Coastal and Marine Geology science center conducts research in the coastal and offshore areas of California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii, and other U.S. Pacific Islands.
- Whitebark pine communities [More info]
- Report on status and trends of whitebark pine communities with references to related publications.