Communities of living organisms in a specific geographical location which exist primarily on land and not in water.
- Western Region Coastal and Marine Geology [More info]
- Western Region Coastal and Marine Geology science center conducts research in the coastal and offshore areas of California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii, and other U.S. Pacific Islands.
- Whitebark pine communities [More info]
- Report on status and trends of whitebark pine communities with references to related publications.
- Wildlife and Terrestrial Resources Program [More info]
- Homepage of the USGS Wildlife and Terrestrial Resources Program with links to projects, centers, and cooperative research units.