Chemical elements and element groups
- The rare-earth elements: vital to modern technologies and lifestyles [More info]
- Explains where and how deposits of these elements form, trends in supply and demand, how we use them, and how they may affect the environment.
- Trace elements in coal ash [More info]
- Describes and explains the material remaining when coal is burned, especially the trace elements present in it which may be concentrated by the burning process.
- A methodology for conducting national-scale alluvial diamond resource potential and production capacity assessments, with a focus on artisanal mining [More info]
- Geologic evidence, combined with geographical data and analyized through a geographic information system allows us to compare production statistics with likely resource estimates.
- Antimony: a flame fighter [More info]
- Explains how we use this element, where it is found, and describes the worldwide supply and demand for this commodity.
- Application of the SPARROW watershed model to describe nutrient sources and transport in the Missouri River Basin [More info]
- Maps and diagrams showing how the mathematical model predicts the distribution of various pollutants within a large watershed.