Areas characterized by fractures in the Earth's crust. [Adapted from UGSG Circ 1048]
Alexandria Digital Library Feature Type Thesaurus
- Earthquake hazard in the New Madrid seismic zone remains a concern [More info]
- GPS measurements made since 1996 seem to show this earthquake-prone area slowing down. Is it time to relax? Scientists who studied these data in detail say no, and this fact sheet explains why.
- Earthquakes pose a serious hazard in Afghanistan [More info]
- Structural features in eastern Afghanistan accompany seismicity data showing this area is subject to considerable risk of earthquakes.
- Liquefaction maps and data for the San Francisco Bay area [More info]
- Explains liquefaction, where it occurs, how it affects people, and what can be done about it. Includes maps and data.
- The great 1906 earthquake, 100 years later [More info]
- Annotated list of resources about the great earthquake of 1906, which caused significant devastation in and around San Francisco, California, compiled for the 100th anniversary of the disaster.