Branch of geology studying the physical characteristics and phenomena of the earth and its atmosphere.
- USGS and the Southern California Integrated GPS Network (SCIGN) [More info]
- Field Office involved in operating GPS stations, data recording, and supplying of earthquake data. Links to GPS data analysis, photos, and technical information.
- What is an Ocean Bottom Seismometer? [More info]
- Description and uses of the Ocean Bottom Seismometer; a self contained data-acquisition system which free falls to the ocean floor and records seismic data generated by airguns and earthquakes.
- What on Earth is plate tectonics? [More info]
- Discussion and diagrams on plate tectonics and the structure of the Earth for beginners with link to a detailed version: This Dynamic Earth for more information.