Branch of geology studying the physical characteristics and phenomena of the earth and its atmosphere.
- Western Region geophysical investigations by the Geophysical Unit of Menlo Park, Calif. (GUMP) [More info]
- Overview of the research group Geophysical Unit of Menlo Park (GUMP) with links to studies, models, and maps on gravity and geomagnetism in Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington and the U.S.
- What is an Ocean Bottom Seismometer? [More info]
- Description and uses of the Ocean Bottom Seismometer; a self contained data-acquisition system which free falls to the ocean floor and records seismic data generated by airguns and earthquakes.
- What on Earth is plate tectonics? [More info]
- Discussion and diagrams on plate tectonics and the structure of the Earth for beginners with link to a detailed version: This Dynamic Earth for more information.