Natural resource extraction
Removal of natural materials or properties (such as heat) for use.
- The principal rare earth elements deposits of the United States-A summary of domestic deposits and a global perspective [More info]
- Explains the geologic setting in which these deposits are found, with information about production and the processes used to extract these valuable mineral resources.
- Tree rings record of 100 years of hydrologic change within a wetland [More info]
- Use of tree ring dating to study distinct episodes of hydrologic change in the Tully Valley wetland, New York recording history of solution-brine injection mining for salt.
- Water co-produced with coalbed methane in the Powder River Basin, Wyoming: preliminary compositional data [More info]
- Compositional data on water from 47 CBM wells sampled in the Powder River Basin, Wyoming. Data on major, minor, and trace elements are included.
- Water quality studied in areas of unconventional oil and gas development, including areas where hydraulic fracturing techniques are used, in the United States [More info]
- Maps showing number of water quality samples in areas underlain by unconventional oil and gas resources, broken out by surface water and groundwater.
- World Coal Quality Inventory (WoCQI) [More info]
- Homepage of the World Coal Quality Inventory (WoCQI) with sample collection procedures.