308.3 - Administrative Management Council
OPR: Director's Office
1. Establishment. The Administrative Management Council (AMC) was established by the Director, USGS, on September 16, 1994.
2. Purpose. In collaboration with the Office of Program Support, the AMC is responsible for the coordination, review and recommendation of bureau-wide policies and systems and for the related development of procedures in the functional areas of property management, security management, procurement and contracting, safety management, mail management, records management and administrative information systems; and the development, implementation, coordination, and monitoring of the processes and systems used within the USGS for management controls (A-123), administrative streamlining, and National Performance Review. In carrying out these responsibilities, the AMC ensures that an effective balance is achieved between the adoption of bureau-wide business practices/delegations, and the recognition of flexibilities needed at the division levels to meet legitimate programmatic and customer requirements. The AMC serves as an information sharing and discussion forum for bureau-wide issues within its areas of responsibility.
3. Reporting. The AMC reports to the Operations Council.
4. Representation. The following individuals shall serve as members of the AMC:
A. Associate Chief for Operations, Office of Program Support (Chair)
B. Administrative Officers (or equivalent position) for Biological Resources, Geologic, National Mapping, and Water Resources Divisions, Office of Program Support and the Office of the Director.
5. Type of Organization. Temporary.
6. Staff. Staff support may be requested from various components of the bureau.
7. Meetings. The AMC meetings will be held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month or at the call of the Chair.
8. Subcommittees. The AMC is authorized to establish subcommittees on an ad hoc or temporary basis.
9. Sunset Review. The need for continuation of this Council will be reviewed every 3 years.