308.670 – Business Leaders Team
OPR: Office of Administrative Policy and Services (APS)
Instructions: Replaces SM 308.67 dated 4/14/05.
1. Establishment.This chapter authorizes the establishment of the Business Leaders Team (BLT) in the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).
2. Purpose. The Business Leaders Team (BLT) for the USGS is a standing committee under the authority of the Associate Director (AD) for Administrative Policies and Services (APS), who will make the final decision regarding recommendations of the BLT. The primary purpose of the BLT is to provide input to the AD, APS on administrative policy issues; and provide leadership and guidance in implementing administrative policy decisions and business practices within their organizational units.
3. Roles and Responsibilities. See Appendix A.
4. Type of Organization. Permanent.
5. Staff. None. The Executive Secretary will ensure that minutes are prepared, distributed, maintained and posted to the intranet.
6. Procedures. Information on membership, schedule of meetings, minutes of meetings, and operating guidelines are also included in the attached charter.
7. Subcommittees. The Chairperson is authorized to appoint subcommittees on an ad hoc basis with the endorsement of the BLT.
8. Termination Date. None. The need for continuation of the BLT will be reviewed at least every 3 years.
(signed) Patricia P. Dunham 10/24/06
Karen D. Baker
Asssociate Director for Administrative Policy and Services