340.6 - Relocation Travel Allowances
OPR: Admin/Financial Management
1. Purpose. This chapter describes the references and applicability for an official change of station.
2. Authority. 5 U.S.C. 5734, 20 U.S.C. 905(a), and 41 CFR 302.
A. Handbook for Relocation Travel Allowances, 340-6-A-H. This handbook contains the standards and procedures for relocation travel allowances.
B. Handbook for Relocation Services Contract, 340-6-H. This handbook describes the services offered by the Relocation Service Contractor and the procedures for use of the contract.
A. Persons Covered. Except as otherwise provided in this chapter and handbooks, the following persons are covered:
(1) Employees upon transfer from one official station or Federal agency to another for permanent duty.
(2) Employees assigned to posts of duty outside continental United States in connection with overseas tour renewal agreement travel and upon return to places of residence for the purpose of separation.
(3) New appointees to any positions (see SM 370.571.2).
(4) Student trainees (i.e., participants in the cooperative education and Federal Junior Fellowship programs) assigned upon completion of college work to any position.
(5) Certain Senior Executive Service (SES) career appointees upon separation for retirement.
B. Persons Excluded. This chapter shall not apply to:
(1) Employees transferred in accordance with the provisions of the Foreign Service Act of 1980, as amended.
(2) Employees transferred in accordance with the provisions of the Central Intelligence Agency Act of 1949, as amended.
5. Procedures. The standards and procedures to be followed for relocation travel allowances are contained in 340-6-A-H, Handbook for Relocation Travel Allowances. The procedures for use of the Relocation Service Contractor are contained in 340-6-H, Handbook for Relocation Services Contract.