U.S. Geological Survey Manual
USGS Sample Scope of Work for Medical Services Provider for Lyme Disease
The medical services provider in conjunction with the responsible Regional
Safety Manager will develop and review the Regional Lyme Disease (LD) Program.
The extent of the program will be determined based upon a review of the
disease/tick prevalence and risk factors associated with anticipated service
The medical services provider shall provide information/training in the
prevention of LD. Such information/training may be in the form of
presentations, live and/or recorded, and/or informative newsletters or
The medical services provider or its contractors will provide medical
monitoring as determined to be appropriate. Medical monitoring will reflect the
most current protocols. An internal quality assurance program will be used to
warrant the accuracy and reliability of all laboratory services.
The medical services provider shall provide to each office an annual summary of
their activities. The summary should contain the following information. Office
should forward copies to the Bureau Industrial Hygienist.
- Total number of employees tested.
- Total number of employees testing positive for LD but without symptoms.
- Total number of employees testing positive for LD with symptoms.
- Total number of employees testing negative for LD.
- Total number of employees referred to private physicians.
- Cost of initial visits (consultation and blood drawn).
- Cost of blood work (laboratory analysis).
- Cost of follow-up visits (consultation and further diagnostic procedures).
- The medical services provider shall immediately refer all employees diagnosed
as having LD to their personal physicians.
- The medical services provider shall notify the local office of all individuals
diagnosed as having LD within one week of diagnosis. Collateral Duty Safety
Program Coordinators should notify the respective Regional Safety Officer or
Manager as applicable.
The medical services provider shall provide copies of the testing results and
referrals if applicable to the following locations:
The medical services provider at the option of the organization may be requested to
maintain a copy of the tests in their files.
- The employee/volunteer.
- The employee's servicing personnel office for
inclusion into the employee's medical file.
SM 445-2-H Table of Contents ||
Survey Manual Home Page
U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S.
Geological Survey, Reston, VA, USA
Contact: APS, Office of Policy
Content Information Contact: email@example.com