Issuance Date: November 23, 2007
Expiration Date: November 22, 2008
Subject: Office of Water Quality including the Office of National Water Quality Assessment Commuting Areas
Instruction: Archive Instructional Memorandum OOP-08-002 – Expired.
Reference: 5 CFR 351.203
1. Purpose. The purpose of this Instructional memorandum is to document the Office of Water Quality including the Office of National Water Quality Assessment commuting areas.
2. Background. Commuting areas are established in accordance with 5 CFR 351.203. Commuting areas constitute an area for employment purposes. The commuting areas include population centers or two or more neighboring ones as well as the surrounding localities in which people live and can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth to their usual employment. In that the U.S. Geological Survey competitive areas for reduction-in-force (RIF) purposes are defined by commuting area and organization, these commuting areas are the geographic areas in which Office of Water Quality employees compete for RIF purposes.
3. Responsibilities. The Office of Human Resources is responsible for establishing bureau commuting areas.
4. Cancellation. Commuting areas are subject to periodic revision. This IM will remain in effect until November 22, 2008 or until superseded by a revision.
5. Prescribed Office of Water Quality including the Office of National Water Quality Assessment Commuting Areas.
Duty Station is: Then the commuting area is: