National Hydrography August 2018 Newsletter released
The USGS National Hydrography Dataset Newsletter, Vol. 17, No. 8, August 2018 has been released and posted for viewing.
Browse through all of National Hydrography's Newsletters.
Or go directly to the newest edition:
August 2018 - Volume 17, No 8
- Markup Application Updates!
- Farewell and Thank You from Becci
- Many Thanks to Becci!
- NHD Book released
- NHDPlus High Resolution Beta Production Status Update
- Hydrography Photo of the Month
- Hydrography Quiz
- Upcoming USGS Hydrography Calls, Trainings, and Meetings
The National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) represents surface waters of the United States including, rivers, streams, lakes, and coastal features. The Watershed Boundary Dataset (WBD) is comprised of hierarchical polygons called hydrologic units that represent surface area over which water drains to a point. Both datasets are updated by stewards and are available by subsets of the United States.