Staff focus on Geologic Mapping, Mineral Resources and Mineral Environmental Health, Landslide Hazards, Energy Resources, Earthquake Hazards, and Land Change Science issues. Select an image below the listing or a topic on the left to view all active and completed GMEGSC projects.
These active projects are led by GMEGSC scientists. All projects are organized by subject, select one of the images below the list.
- Concealed Rare Earth Element (REE) Terranes in the Southern Basin and Range Geo…
- Critical Commodity Studies, Stillwater Complex, MT and Duluth Complex, MN
- Geologic Mapping of the Lower Colorado River System
- Geologic Mapping in the Southern Pacific Border and Sierras provinces, Californ…
- GeoMapping for Integrated Science
- Lithium from Source to Sink: Genesis and Evolution of Li Brines and Clays
- Pacific Northwest Geologic Mapping: Northern Pacific Border, Cascades and Colum…
- Arctic Biogeochemical Response to Permafrost Thaw (ABRUPT)
- Drivers and Impacts of North Pacific Climate Variability
- Multidisciplinary Investigations of REE Mineralization at Mountain Pass and in …
- Pacific Ocean Patterns, Processes, and Productivity (POP3): Impacts of ancient …
- Western Basin & Range - Eastern California Shear Zone
Landslide studies in the Bay Area, CA
Landslides in the Bay Area impact people, infrastructure and the environment.
- San Francisco Bay Area - East Bay (BALT1) Site near Castro Valley, CA
- San Francisco Bay Area – Marin County (BALT2) Site near San Rafael, CA
- San Francisco Bay Area – SF Peninsula (BALT3) Site near Brisbane, CA
- San Francisco Bay Area – SF Peninsula (BALT4) Site near Pacifica, CA
- San Francisco Bay Area - Santa Cruz Mountains, CA (BALT-CZU)