USGS Lunchtime Seminar Series (Oregon)
Science Center Objects
Our lunchtime seminars are held Tuesdays from 12pm to 1 pm PT. The science lectures are usually held at the USGS Oregon Water Science Center at 2130 SW 5th Avenue in Portland, OR. The presentations are informal and are open to the public. Please, bring your lunch.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming seminars via email, then please sign up for the online mailing list at: https://or.water.usgs.gov/seminars/maillist.html. The online mailing list also will be used to notify its members of seminar cancellations or other schedule changes.
USGS WINTER 2019 SEMINAR SCHEDULE
- February 12 - "Web-Based Applications as a Framework to Deliver Real-time and Long-term Hydrologic Data," Toby Wellborn and Sachin Shah (USGS Texas Water Science Center)
- February 19 - "Getting Beneath the Soil: Plant Communities and Streamflow Depend on Bedrock Weathering," Jesse Hahm (UC Berkeley)
- February 26 - Stan Gregory (Oregon State University)
- March 5 - Marc Stewart (USGS Oregon Water Science Center)
- March 12 - "Fire and Snow: Forest Disturbance and Snow Hydrology in the American West," Kelly Gleason (Portland State University)
- March 19 - "Where was the plume? Rethinking Yellowstone’s Volcanic Path through Oregon," Emily Cahoon (Portland State University)
Note: The following schedule is subject to change. Please check this page prior to attending a seminar.
*Disclaimer -- The research, opinions, and materials expressed by presenters are solely of the individuals and are not reflective of the Oregon Water Science Center, the U.S. Geological Survey, or the U.S. Department of the Interior.