Due to a lapse in appropriations, the majority of USGS websites may not be up to date and may not reflect current conditions. Websites displaying real-time data, such as Earthquake and Water and information needed for public health and safety will be updated with limited support. Additionally, USGS will not be able to respond to inquiries until appropriations are enacted. For more information, please see www.doi.gov/shutdown
NGP User Engagement Office
Outreach and Partnerships
The goal of user engagement is to gather feedback on the products and services of The National Map so that future development will best meet USGS and Department of the Interior science objectives and provide the greatest value and impact for the Nation. Priority user communities include Hazards & Geologic Mapping, Natural Resources Conservation, and Water Resources.
3D ElevationLearn More
Story Map - US Topo
Interactive Story Map of the US Topo map program.Learn More
Select the following image to view or download a list of 3DEP and BAA presentations/discussions that are provided by National Map Liaisons.
The National Map partner and user engagement activities are conducted by a network of liaisons and coordinators:
- User Engagement leadership in the National Geospatial Program (NGP) provides strategic direction and oversight to the range of The National Map partnership and user activities.
- Federal Geospatial Liaisons work with the Federal Geographic Data Committee and other Federal agencies to develop and manage partnerships at the national and programmatic level to support development and use of The National Map.
- Community of Use Coordinators lead and manage outreach to the priority user communities of The National Map; they also provide direction and guidance to USGS National Map Liaisons for expanding user outreach.
- Alaska Mapping Project Manager coordinates National Geospatial Program efforts to modernize mapping for the State of Alaska.
- The National Map Liaisons facilitate partnerships and agreements that improve the data holdings and the products and services of The National Map. Many liaisons also provide outreach and support to the priority user communities in the areas of Water Resources, Natural Resources Conservation and Geologic Hazards.
- Associates are part-time liaisons who support both partnerships and user engagement and provide linkages to USGS science centers.
Following is the contact information for all members of the User Engagement office, including all National Map Liaisons:
User Engagement Management Team
David Saghy, NGP User Engagement Chief
Reston, VA (703) 648-5954 firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Aichele, Coordinator for Water Resources Community of Use (WR COU)
New Cumberland, PA (717) 730-6949 email@example.com
Lance Clampitt, Coordinator for Hazards and Geologic Mapping Community of Use (HGM COU) & NGP Emergency Management
Bozeman, MT (406) 994-6919 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracy Fuller, Alaska Mapping Program Manager
Denver, CO (303) 202-4532 email@example.com
Greg Matthews, Coordinator for Natural Resources Conservation Community of Use (NRC COU)
Denver, CO (303)-202-4446 firstname.lastname@example.org
Brigitta Urban-Mathieux, Federal Liaison
Reston, VA (703) 648-5175 email@example.com
Sherry Durst, Project Manager
Denver, CO (303) 236-5408 firstname.lastname@example.org