Mineral Resource Online Data Catalog
Science Center Objects
Our project makes the digital spatial data produced by the Mineral Resources Program available via a web portal so that users of our data can easily access spatial data for solving scientific and technical problems: https://mrdata.usgs.gov/.
Science Issue and Relevance
The purpose of this work is to make the digital spatial data produced by the Mineral Resources Program effective in solving scientific and technical problems encountered by people who work within and outside the Federal government. Visit the Mineral Resources Online Spatial Data site: https://MRData.usgs.gov/
- Creating a topically-indexed catalog of published scientific data
- Developing interactive map interfaces that help people understand what data we have to offer as well as how different data sets are connected and related
- Developing specialized web interfaces that help people download the specific data that meet their needs
- Developing geospatial web services and application programming interfaces (APIs) that enable applied scientists to exploit the connections between USGS work and their own
- Coordinating the composition, documentation, and delivery of all spatial data products generated by Mineral Resources Program research and technical staff.
General interactive map interfaces:
- Topical Catalog of Published Scientific Data
- Choose Geographic Areas
- Additional Services:
Visit the Mineral Resources Online Spatial Data site: https://MRData.usgs.gov/