High-Content Screening Laboratory — Columbia, Missouri
Molecular Devices ImageXpress† High-Content Imaging System
72 hour post fertilization zebrafish
Zebrafish developmental cardiovascular toxicity high-content screen
72 hour post fertilization zebrafish under transmitted light
Imaging System can generate >25,000 images in less than 5 hours
Science Center Objects
About the Laboratory
Toxicologists at the High-Content Screening Laboratory develop alternative toxicity testing to efficiently provide specific toxicity data to managers and regulators and prioritize compounds for further testing. Our high-content imaging capability provides a highly adaptable platform for early life stage fish toxicity testing at stages considered an animal alternative. Endpoints are directly relevant to adverse population-level effects.
- Developmental cardiovascular toxicity assay
- Pericardial edema/heart malformations, effects on angiogenesis, effects on heart rate and blood flow
- Capable of screening pesticides, pharmaceuticals, mixtures, etc.
- Establishment of additional endpoints/assays
- The high-content imaging system is easily adjusted to add new endpoints to the current assay or develop new assays to meet needs for rapid toxicity testing and prioritizing of chemicals.
High-content imaging system that allows for automated imaging of 384-well or 96-well plates, and semi-automated data extraction and analysis.