Data and Tools
Data Management Tools
Data Management Tools
Good data management enables the location, sharing, and reuse of data, and reduces the redundancy of data. These attributes of good data management reduce costs in terms of time and money. Data management tools and best practices can also help to meet the open data requirements of making data more accessible and discoverable.
The USGS Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Center Science Processing Architecture (ESPA) On-Demand Interface is used to request processing and services for Landsat Science Products and some MODIS archives.
The Bulk Download Application is an easy-to-use tool for downloading large quantities of satellite imagery and geospatial data.
Once scenes are added to a Bulk Order via Earth Explorer, the Bulk Download Application can be used to automatically retrieve them with little to no user interaction.
This tool produces shapefiles that contain the delineated basins, basin characteristics, and flow statistics for multiple sites requested at once by users. Before this tool can be used, the the points of interest will likely need to be edited in GIS so that they are coincident with the stream grid used by StreamStats for delineations and saved to a shapefile.
The NWHC developed the Wildlife Health Information Sharing Partnership – event reporting system (WHISPers) to increase public awareness of wildlife disease events and promote collaboration and data sharing among wildlife professionals. It is a partner driven tool that provides a dynamic, timely, searchable web-based system for visualizing and accessing data on wildlife disease events...
This application provides an easy-to-use interface for conducting weighted surveillance for chronic wasting disease (CWD) in white-tailed deer populations. The first tool called 'Design' is used for planning weighted surveillance activities. The second tool called 'Estimation' is for use after sampling for CWD detection has occurred and no positive cases were found.
Routine constituents are collected during sampling cycles at both fixed and probabilistic sites, and presented in tables provided.
The ViTexOCR script presents a new method for extracting navigation data from videos with text overlays using optical character recognition (OCR) software.
- The Census Stop Tool is a GIS tool that creates random points along a line layer while maintaining a minimum distance between points.
- The user has the option of selecting one of two random point placement methods.
- The Census Stop Tool is available as an ArcMap 9.x extension.
- This tool is designed to facilitate road based surveys by reducing the potential for ...
- The Adjacency For WinBUGS Tool is a customization of ArcMap.
- The tool iteratively processes each polygon within a selected layer and creates a text file of polygonal adjacency where each polygon is identified by a unique Adj_ID value.
- The output of this tool is used in WinBUGS (MRC Biostatistics Unit Cambridge) by the car.normal, car.l1, and mv.car conditional ...