WinSLAMM (Source Loading and Management Model): Parameter and standard land-use files for Wisconsin
The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources have conducted cooperative research studies to collect flow and pollutant concentrations in urban stormwater runoff. Available data collected from each study area include individual source-areas and storm-sewer outlets, along with land use and development characteristics such as percent connected imperviousness and unconnected pervious, or an associated control practices. Results from studies are in linked into WinSLAMM by modify coding, calibrating and validating model output.
Downloadable files from this website provide users with parameter files for their area of interest and research references so that they can make knowledgeable decisions about their watershed. The parameter files match conditions experienced in Wisconsin instead of the default values created for other areas in the United States. Users outside of Wisconsin can use these files or more appropriate regional files that are included in the WinSLAMM program* by PV and Associates.
The WinSLAMM model resides on two types of software platforms: Version 9.x and Version 10.x that operates in Microsoft Windows. Based the WinSLAMM version the users must select the appropriate parameter files and apply each to the Current File Data menu. Files descriptions described below are as they appear in the Current File Data menu.
The WinSLAMM program* is copyright 1997, John Voorhees and Bob Pitt.
Get USGS SLAMM parameter files for Wisconsin
1. Read the description of all parameter files before downloading to ensure it will fit your needs
2. Download your files. This download will contain all parameter files for Version 9.x and 10.x, including the following:
- Rain Files: .ran
- Pollutant Probability Distribution File: .ppd or ppdx
- Runoff Coefficient File: .rsv or .rsvx
- Particulate Solids Concentration File: .psc or pscx
- Street Delivery Parameter File: .std
- Particulate Residue Reduction File: .ppr
- Particle size distribution file: .cpz or .csv
* Any use of trade, firm, or product names is for descriptive purposes only and does not imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.