Julia M Moriarty
I am interested in the transport and fate of sediment, nutrients, and contaminants in coastal environments.
- 2017 Ph.D. Marine Science, Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS), College of William & Mary (W&M)
- 2012 M.S. Marine Science, VIMS, W&M
- 2009 B.A. Physics, B.S. Geophysical Sciences, University of Chicago
- Moriarty, J. M., Harris, C. K., Rabouille, C., Fennel, K., Friedrichs, M.A.M, and K. Xu, 2017. The Roles of Resuspension, Diffusion and Biogeochemical Processes on Oxygen Dynamics Offshore of the Rhone River, France: A Numerical Modeling Study. Biogeosciences, 14, 1919-1946. doi:10.5194/bg-14-1919-2017.
- Kuehl, S.A., C. R. Alexander, N.E. Blair, C.K. Harris, K.M. Marsaglia, A.S. Ogston, A.R. Orpin, J.J. Roering, A.J. Bever, E.L. Bilderback, L. Carter, C. Cerovski-Darriau, L.B. Childress, D.R. Corbett, R.P. Hale, E.L. Leithold, N. Litchfield, J.M. Moriarty, M.J. Page, L.E.R. Pierce, P. Upton, and J.P. Walsh, 2016. A Source to Sink Perspective of the Waipaoa River Margin. Earth-Science Reviews, 153, 301-334. DOI: 10.1016/j.earscirev.2015.10.001.
- Moriarty, J.M., C.K. Harris, and M.G. Hadfield, 2015. Event - to - seasonal sediment dispersal on the Waipaoa River Shelf, New Zealand: a numerical modeling study. Continental Shelf Research, 110, 108-123. DOI:10.1016/j.csr.2015.10.005
- Moriarty, J.M., C.K. Harris, and M.G. Hadfield, 2014. A hydrodynamic and sediment transport model for the Waipaoa Shelf, New Zealand: Sensitivity of fluxes to spatially-varying erodibility and model nesting. J. of Marine Science and Engineering, 2 (2), 336-369.