Features formed from those igneous rocks that have reached or nearly reached the Earth's surface before solidifying. [Adapted from Glossary of Geology, 4th ed.]
Alexandria Digital Library Feature Type Thesaurus
- Eruptions in the Cascade Range during the past 4,000 years [More info]
- Chart showing 13 volcanoes on a map of Washington, Oregon, and northern California, along with time lines for each volcano showing the ages of their eruptions.
- Eruptions of Hawaiian volcanoes - past, present, and future [More info]
- Originally published in 1987, this general-interest booklet has been revised in anticipation of the Centennial of the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory (HVO) in January 2012.
- Eruptions of Lassen Peak, California, 1914 to 1917 [More info]
- Summary of the most recent eruption of Lassen Peak, Cascades (1914-1917)
- Eruptions of Mount St. Helens: past, present, future [More info]
- Online booklet on the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens, past history, and future hazards.
- Hawaiian Volcano Observatory [More info]
- Hawaiian Volcano Observatory's latest news with links to information on Kilauea, Mauna Loa, and other volcanoes, earthquakes, volcanic hazards, photo archive, and general information about the center.
- Hawaiian Volcano Observatory spotlight images archive [More info]
- Images of Hawaiian volcanoes and the islands they've built in the past few million years, images of recent eruptions, and Hawaiian landscapes.
- Kilauea - eruption update and image archive [More info]
- Current Kilauea eruption activity, updated daily with recent photos, maps, and deformation information and links to video for broadband users, photo glossary, and image archive.
- Kilauea - perhaps the world's most active volcano [More info]
- Current activity, hazards, and history of eruptions of Kilauea Volcano.
- Kilauea--an Explosive Volcano in Hawaii [More info]
- Explains how explosive eruptions occur here, shows the history of its eruptions, and describes the effects and hazards that accompany them.
- Mauna Loa -- history, hazards and risk of living with the world's largest volcano [More info]
- Describes volcano-related hazards on the Island of Hawaii, including lava flows, explosive eruptions, volcanic smog, damaging earthquakes, and tsunamis.