Indicator of the concentration of alkaline salts in water, mainly calcium and magnesium, as a measure of water quality.
- Groundwater quality of southeastern Wyoming [More info]
- Explains how we assess groundwater quality here, what characteristics are important, and how they hurt or, in some cases, help use use the water.
- Water science for schools: common water measurements [More info]
- Explanation of common water properties including temperature, pH, specific conductance, turbidity, dissolved oxygen, hardness and suspended sediment for students and general public.
- Water science for schools: water properties [More info]
- Educational site for elementary school students on the properties of water with links to a true/false quiz, common water measurements, pH, and water facts.