External research support
Research carried out by external organizations or individuals through contracts or grants
- Contracts and grants information [More info]
- Lists of current grant and contract opportunities, vendor mailing lists, USGS Business and Economic Development Program (BEDP) goals, and other useful sites.
- Earthquake Hazards Program external research support [More info]
- Abstracts, program announcements and descriptions of projects funded by the external research program.
- National Cooperative Geologic Mapping Program [More info]
- Geological mapping carried out by USGS in close cooperation with state, university, and federal partners. Includes general information about geological maps and mapping standards.
- USGS EDMAP Program-Training the Next Generation of Geologic Mappers [More info]
- How to apply for funding for students to complete geologic mapping projects, with a list of universities who have participated in the program.