The interacting populations of plants, animals, and microorganisms occupying a certain area, and their relationship to the environment.
- What's new at the Patuxent Wildlife Research Center (Maryland) [More info]
- Links to news articles on scientific activities at Patuxent Wildlife Research Center, located in Maryland, north of Washington DC.
- Whitebark pine communities [More info]
- Report on status and trends of whitebark pine communities with references to related publications.
- Wildlife and Terrestrial Resources Program [More info]
- Homepage of the USGS Wildlife and Terrestrial Resources Program with links to projects, centers, and cooperative research units.