A method of remote sensing that obtains optical representations in two or more ranges of frequencies or wave lengths.
- Tracking change over time [More info]
- Lesson plan for grades 5-8 to enhance students' learning of geography, map reading, earth science, and problem solving by seeing landscape changes from space, as revealed in Landsat satellite imagery.
- USGS Alaska State Mosaic [More info]
- Using 172 Scenes from the Multi-Resolution Land Characteristics 2001 collection geometrically and radiometrically aligned, we produced seamless, relatively cloud-free image of the entire state.
- USGS National Map of Surficial Mineralogy [More info]
- Maps of exposed surface mineral groups derived from automated spectral analysis of satellite and airborne imaging systems; these data suggest areas that may contain mineral deposits of various types.