The solid outer zone of the earth, covered by seawater, and comprised of the crust and the upper layer of the mantle.
- Seabed Observation and Sampling System (SEABOSS) [More info]
- Link to PDF fact sheet describing the SEABASS system that collects seabed images and sediment samples in coastal regions.
- U.S. Atlantic East Coast [More info]
- Atlantic East Coast interactive map with GIS datasets and sonar imagery.
- U.S. Gulf of Mexico Shoreline Change [More info]
- Interactive map of the Gulf of Mexico coast reflecting shoreline changes.
- What is an Ocean Bottom Seismometer? [More info]
- Description and uses of the Ocean Bottom Seismometer; a self contained data-acquisition system which free falls to the ocean floor and records seismic data generated by airguns and earthquakes.