Branch of seismology concerned with ancient earthquakes. Clues which indicate seismic activities in the geologic past are used to date and determine the effects of those earthquakes.
- Earthquake Geology and Paleoseismology [More info]
- Geological effects of earthquakes on the crust and landscape, with studies of prehistoric earthquake activity using geological evidence.
- Earthquake Hazards Program external research support [More info]
- Abstracts, program announcements and descriptions of projects funded by the external research program.
- Forecasting California's earthquakes - What can we expect in the next 30 years? [More info]
- Shows how we know severe earthquakes will occur and where.
- Geologic hazards team [More info]
- An organizational unit within USGS that studies earthquakes, landslides, and geomagnetism. Contact information and descriptions of current research projects.