Branch of earth sciences concerned with the study of earthquakes and man-induced seismic waves.
- United States National Seismic Hazard Maps [More info]
- Maps indicating areas where earthquakes may cause damage or disrupt human activities, with information about how those maps are compiled.
- USGS and the Southern California Integrated GPS Network (SCIGN) [More info]
- Field Office involved in operating GPS stations, data recording, and supplying of earthquake data. Links to GPS data analysis, photos, and technical information.
- What is an Ocean Bottom Seismometer? [More info]
- Description and uses of the Ocean Bottom Seismometer; a self contained data-acquisition system which free falls to the ocean floor and records seismic data generated by airguns and earthquakes.