The process of taking pictures with a camera from an aircraft. Use for both the process of photography from the air and the images produced by the process.
- South Florida Information Access (SOFIA) projects by region [More info]
- Listing of South Florida Information Access (SOFIA) projects by region
- USGS St. Petersburg Coastal and Marine Science Center [More info]
- Extreme storms, sea-level rise, and the health of marine communities are some of the major societal and environmental issues studied by this part of USGS.
- Using high-resolution digital aerial imagery to map land cover [More info]
- Transition from analysis of analog film to digital photography helped this science center map surface characteristics of Federal lands.
- Volcanoes of Hawaii photo gallery [More info]
- Images of Hawaiian volcanoes and the islands they've built in the past few million years, and images of recent eruptions.