Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Where can I get watershed maps?

Use The National Map Viewer to display or create watershed maps with the National Watershed Boundary Dataset. Watersheds are shown as Hydrologic Units, each one with a unique Hydrologic Unit Code (HUC).

  1. Go to The National Map Viewer (it might take a minute to fully load).
  2. In the green bar above the map, click on the Layers icon, which looks like a stack of paper.
  3. Click on the box beside "Watershed Boundary Dataset".
  4. Zoom in to your area of interest.
  5. As you zoom in, click on the arrow beside the Watershed Boundary Dataset box in the Layers list to show smaller watersheds and toggle them on/off.

Learn more: