Using GWIS, one or more interactive plots of any current or historical data available from the USGS Instantaneous (Real-Time) Service or Daily Value Service can easily be inserted into a web page. Plot appearance is customizable, and the plots feature interactive zooming, an interactive legend and optional user controls such as full screen and y-axis log scaling. Multiple plot series, double y-axes and pop-up plots are also supported.
Some GWIS plot features available with the library include:
- Interactive Zoom: Click-drag vertically or horizontally in the axes to zoom the plot. Double clicking resets the full range.
- Interactive Legend: Hover over the axes to display values for each series in the legend.
- Custom Controls: Several tools are available that can be added below the plot.
- Multiple Data Series Support: Add many data series to your plot.
- Double Y-Axis Support: Show relationships between data with different units using double y-axes.
- Customizable Appearance: Style the plot using a variety of options.
Visit the GWIS homepage (https://txpub.usgs.gov/dss/gwis/) to get started. The web page contains several samples, documentation and access to the source code.