National Ocean Month: 10 Ocean Field Sites You’ve Got to “Sea” to Believe
The ocean is a beautiful, dynamic, and sometimes dangerous place. Unsurprisingly, this is probably why a lot of USGS researchers spend their entire careers studying it. In celebration of National Ocean Month, we thought it would be a good time to dive in and feature ten ocean field sites you’ve got to “sea” to believe.
- Juan de Fuca Canyon, Washington State (0:34)
- Vailulu'u seamount, American Samoa (1:19)
- Cape Hatteras National Seashore, North Carolina (2:03)
- Buck Island Reef National Monument, U.S. Virgin Islands (2:41)
- Escanaba Trough, California (3:20)
- Chesapeake Bay Crater (4:01)
- Nantucket Sound, Massachusetts (4:42)
- Norfolk Canyon, Virginia (5:19)
- Dangerous Passage, Alaska (5:56)
- Continental Slope, Northern Gulf of Mexico (6:38)
- USGS Science Explorer - Ocean
- USGS Science Explorer - Coasts
- USGS Science Explorer - Natural Hazards
Some content is used with permission.