2018 Western South Dakota Hydrology Conference
Conference: April 19, 2018
Field trips: April 20, 2018
Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
444 Mt. Rushmore Road
Rapid City, South Dakota
- The John T. Loucks Distinguished Lecture --Jeff Crockett, City of Rapid City Water Superintendent, "Colorado Springs Utilities Water Treatment Section Response to the Waldo Canyon Fire"
- Student Poster Contest
- Poster Session & Evening Social with FREE refreshments
- Open to students/general public at no charge
- Choice of FREE field seminars/trips on April 20 for conference attendees - details forthcoming
National Weather Service
RESPEC Consulting & Services
South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
U.S. Geological Survey
West Dakota Water Development District
Call for Speakers - Closed - download instructions
Call for Posters - Closed - download instructions
Congratulations to our 2018 student poster contest winners:
- 1st place - Navanietha Krishnaraj
- 2nd place - Fleford Redoloza
- 3rd place (tie) - Michaela Halvorson and Gorky Dutt
Call for Vendors - Closed - download registration form
Accommodations- No rooms have been reserved at any hotels for this conference. Four hotels closest to the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center are given in alphabetic order:
Adoba Hotel (605-348-8300) at 445 Mt. Rushmore Road.
Alex Johnson Hotel (605-342-1210) at 523 6th Street.
Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites (605-737-4656) at 950 North Street.
Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn (605-348-4000) at 505 N. 5th Street and is next door to the Civic Center.
Registration - Download Form
2018 Program - Tentative Program - last updated April 6, 2018
2018 Field Trip Information - Download registration form - The following field trip options are available (more details on registration form):
- Tour of South Dakota School of Mines and Technology campus and laboratories
- Rapid Creek in-stream fish habitat improvement projects (FULL!)
- Jewel Cave National Park geology tour (FULL!)
- Orchard Meadows Subdivision drainage improvements
Get Our News
These items are in the RSS feed format (Really Simple Syndication) based on categories such as topics, locations, and more. You can install and RSS reader browser extension, software, or use a third-party service to receive immediate news updates depending on the feed that you have added. If you click the feed links below, they may look strange because they are simply XML code. An RSS reader can easily read this code and push out a notification to you when something new is posted to our site.